Friday, August 17, 2012

This one's for John: an update!

Greetings Followers,

I am truly sorry for not being an avid blogger in terms of regular updates and such. I have been studying French in Quebec, Canada, for the past 6 weeks.

So what's new? This past Monday I seen my orthodontist. She is extremely pleased with the eruption and guidance of the impacted canine. It has erupted a lot since an elastic power chain had been applied back in June! On monday, an additional power chain had been added. The new power chain/ elastic connects to the left lateral incisor.  Also on Monday, my left lateral incisor received a bracket (finally); It was also laced to other teeth in the top arch. I don't feel much pressure on the incisor, maybe because it is not connected to the arc wire. However, I feel some pain from the impacted canine as it is being pulled with more force now.

The bottom brackets and arch wire was applied in June. There is a coil spring trying to make room for a tooth to be pulled into the arch. So many coils! I already see a difference in my bottom teeth in just six weeks.

Some good news: my orthodontist said I may not even require surgery, but it is too early to tell.

I avoided one surgery already: impacted canine. Let's see if I can escape a second one!

John, here are some pics! I will try my best to update on time!

One last note: I am inspired at the energy of some fellow bloggers and want to take the time to wish Laura congratulations on her recent surgery and recovery!


-Shane







10 comments:

  1. Orthodontic appliances are made of metal, ceramic, or plastic. They may be removable or they may be brackets bonded to the teeth. By placing a constant, gentle force in a carefully controlled direction, braces slowly move teeth to the proper position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any recent updates on the braces? I bet you’ve gotten used to them by now, if they aren’t off yet. Remember that gum soreness can be relieved by rinsing your mouth with a warm saltwater mouthwash.

    - Landon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff is down t earth, hats off buds out there.
    www.phoenixorthodontistguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dead consider joyous when I acquire articles pertinent to my process and my issue. http://www.dentistsgreenville.com/dental-services-greenville-sc.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks like you have received some really great service. It's not very common to have impacted canines. Have they given you a estimated amount of time you will have braces? http://www.myuniversaldentalcare.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wished to thank you for the immense post!! I undeniably enjoying a lot, I am bookmarking this to look into new stuff you post… dentists

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really tremendous that the way you desceibe. This information is so much more than I needed! keep it up.

    Thanks,
    orthodontic supplies, archwire for braces

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this informative blog here, care must be necessary for the best dental health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have braces for almost 2 years now and power chain is still really painfull.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! interesting article . greetings blog.very nice.it helps me a lot.Very interesting article, really. I visit again here to see more.Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us it is really helpful article!Yes you are right because I already tried this and the results were awesome and amazing. Keep it up buddy.
    Clear aligners or invisalign in nashik

    ReplyDelete